Butter for greasing pan
1 (12-ounce) package frozen hash-brown potatoes
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
1 cup diced ham
4 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
4 ounces Swiss or Jack cheese, shredded
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
Salsa to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 10-inch pie pan with butter. To save time, hash browns can be baked evening before. Ham, cheeses and chilies can be placed on top and refrigerated overnight.
1. In prepared pie pan, spread hash browns. Brush with melted butter and bake 25 minutes.
2. Layer ham, cheeses and chilies on hash browns.
3. Combine eggs, milk and salt. Pour over ham, cheese and chilies.
4. Bake at 350 degrees 30-35 minutes.
5. Place salsa on top before serving.
Yields: 6-8 servings